My current research interests include the display of biomedical and scientific data, interactive simulation, and 3D rendering.
Additional publications, including PDF reprints, are available at http://www.cs.utk.edu/~dbanks/.
- Kevin M. Beason, Josh Grant, David C. Banks, Brad Futch, and M. Yousuff Hussaini, ``Pre-computed Illumination for Isosurfaces,'' Visualization and Data Analysis 2006 (SPIE Vol. 6060), pp. 6060B:1-11.
- Kevin M. Beason and David C. Banks, ``Retro-rendering with Vector-valued Light: Producing Local Illumination from the Transport Equation,'' Visualization and Data Analysis 2006 (SPIE Vol. 6060), pp. 6060C:1-7.
- David C. Banks and Wilfredo Blanco, ``InvIncrements: Incremental Software to Support Visual Simulation,'' Visualization and Data Analysis 2006 (SPIE Vol. 6060), pp. 6060I:1-7.
- David C. Banks, Stephen A. Linton, and Paul K. Stockmeyer, ``Counting Cases in Substitope Algorithms,'' IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol. 10, No. 4 (July/August 2004), pp. 371-384.
- David C. Banks and Stephen A. Linton, ``Counting Cases in Marching Cubes: Toward a Generic Algorithm for Producing Substitopes,'' IEEE Visualization 2003, pp. 51-58 (chosen Best Paper at the IEEE Visualization 2003 conference).