- Nanobiotechnology, micro and nano fluid dynamics of electrolytes, dynamics of polymers (DNA, proteins) in electric fields, electron transport and tunneling, liquid-solid media interactions, both continuum and atomistic approaches.
- Plasma-material interface, applications for nuclear fusion reactors and for nanosynthesis in plasma, particle-surface interactions, chemical and morphological dynamics of the surfaces under impact, atomistic approaches.
- Transition dynamics in molecules, rovibrational and electron transitions in interactions with slow ions, atoms, molecules, and photons, applications for astrophysics and nuclear fusion.
Senior staff scientist at Joint Institute for Computational Sciences, adjunct professor of the department for Physics and Astronomy of University of Tennessee and founder and program director of the TheoretiK consulting. Worked in Physics Division of Oak Ridge National Laboratory at Theoretical Atomic Physics program since 1995, where he retired as a member of senior research and development staff and project manager at the beginning of 2012. He obtained his Ph.D. at CC of CUNY in 1981 on the theory of multiphoton processes, he got BSC and MSC on the technical physics and technical plasma physics from University of Belgrade. His research covers a wide range of fields in theoretical atomic physics, plasma physics and nuclear fusion, computational physics, plasma-surface interactions, molecular electronics and bionanotechnology, published in more than 200 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 2 patents and more than 80 talks at scientific conferences and seminaries. Contributor to the book chapters, editor of a number of conference proceedings, PI and Co-PI on many grants with DOE, NIH, NSF, IAEA, consultant of International Atomic Energy Agency, Fellow of the American Physical Society, international conferences organizer and co-organizer.
Download full bio of Predrag Krstić: Bio_Krstic_01-2013.pdf
Also see the full publication list
- P. S. Krstic, J. P. Allain, C. N. Taylor, J. Dadras, S. Maeda, K. Morokuma, J. Jakowski, A. Allouche, and C. H. Skinner, Deuterium uptake in magnetic-fusion devices with lithium-conditioned carbon walls, PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, 110, 105001 (2013).
- JH Park, J He, B Gyarfas, S Lindsay, PS Krstić, DNA translocating through a carbon nanotube can increase ionic current, NANOTECHNOLOGY 23, 455107 (2012), http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0957-4484/23/45/455107 (IOP publisher’s pick October 2012)
- Park, J. H., Guan, W., Reed, M., and Krstić, P. S., Tunable Aqueous Virtual Micropore, SMALL 8, 907 (2012), http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/smll.201101739
- Vence, Nicholas; Harrison, Robert; Krstic, Predrag, Attosecond electron dynamics: A multiresolution approach, PHYSICAL REVIEW A 85 (3): 0303403 (2012), doi:10.1103/PhysRevA.85.033403
- Ehemann R. C.; Krstic P. S.; Dadras J.; et al., Detection of hydrogen using graphene, NANOSCALE RESEARCH LETTERS 7, 198 (2012), http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1556-276X-7-198
- Pei Pang, Jin He, Jae Hyun Park, Predrag S. Krstić, and Stuart Lindsay, Origin of Giant Ionic Currents in Carbon Nanotube Channels, ACS NANO 5, 7277–7283 (2011), http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nn202115s
- Guan WH, Joseph S, Park JH, et al., Paul trapping of charged particles in aqueous solution, PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (PNAS) 108 (23), 9326-9330 (2011), http://dx.doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1100977108
- Cao, Di ,Pang, Pei, He, Jin , Luo, Tao , Park, Jae Hyun , Krstić, Predrag S , Nuckolls, Colin , Tang, Jinyao, Lindsay, Stuart , Electronic Sensitivity of Carbon Nanotubes to Internal Water Wetting, ACS NANO 5, 3113-3119 (2011), http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nn200251z
- Haitao Liu, Jin He, Jinyao Tang, Hao Liu, Pei Pang, Di Cao, Predrag Krstić, Sony Joseph, Stuart Lindsay and Colin Nuckolls, Translocation of Single-Stranded DNA through Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes, SCIENCE 327 #5961, 64-67 (2010), http://dx.doi.org/10.1126/science.1181799
- Branton D, Deamer DW, Marziali A, Bayley H, Benner SA, Butler T, Di Ventra M, Garaj S, Hibbs A, Huang X, Jovanovich SB, Krstić PS, Lindsay S, Ling XS, Mastrangelo CH, Meller A, Oliver JS, Pershin YV, Ramsey JM, Riehn R, Soni GV, Tabard-Cossa V, Wanunu M, Wiggin M, and Schloss JA, The potential and challenges of nanopore sequencing, NATURE BIOTECHNOLOGY 26, 1146-1153 (2008), http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nbt.1495.
Krstić PS, Reinhold CO, Stuart S, Chemical sputtering from amorphous carbon under
bombardment by deuterium atoms and molecules, NEW J. PHYS (IOP) 9, 209 (2007), http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1367-2630/9/7/209
- Glassgold, AE, Krstić, PS, Schultz, DR, H++H scattering and ambipolar diffusion heating, ASTROPHYSICAL JOURNAL 621, 808-816 (2005), http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/427686
- Macek, JH, Krstić, PS, Ovchinnikov, SY, Regge oscillations in integral cross sections for proton impact on atomic hydrogen, PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS 93, 183203 (2004). http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.93.183203
- Savin, DW, Krstić, PS, Haiman, Z, et al., Rate coefficient for H++H-2 (X-1 Sigma(+)(g),v=0, J=0) -> H(1s)+H-2(+) charge transfer and some cosmological Implications, ASTROPHYSICAL JOURNAL 606, L167-L170 (2004). http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/421108